The Resource --And a time to die : how American hospitals shape the end of life, Sharon R. Kaufman
- --And a time to die : how American hospitals shape the end of life, Sharon R. Kaufman
- Title remainder
- how American hospitals shape the end of life
- Statement of responsibility
- Sharon R. Kaufman
- "A Lisa Drew book."
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 371-386) and index
- Introduction -- pt. I. The predicament : death becomes a new kind of problem -- Death and hospital culture -- Death in life : the "person" and the experience of dying -- pt. II. The hospital system : time and the power of the pathway -- Transforming time : from deathwatch to billable treatments -- Moving things along : The heroic intervention pathway ; The paradox of resuscitation: approach/avoidance on the heroic pathway ; The revolving door pathway -- Waiting : Obstructing the order of things ; "Let's wait and see": the indeterminate condition of old age ; Agreement and anticipation: watchful waiting -- pt. III. The politics and rhetoric of the patient's condition : "suffering," "dignity," and the "quality of life" -- Death by design -- Life support -- Hidden places : the zone of indistinction as a way of life : The specialized unit: routines without pathways, life with no end ; The shadow side of "death with dignity" -- Culture in the making
- Control code
- 23 cm
- x, 400 p.
ContextContext of --And a time to die : how American hospitals shape the end of life, Sharon R. Kaufman
Embeddable Data - Experimental
Choose settings, then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance --And a time to die : how American hospitals shape the end of life, Sharon R. Kaufman
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-lg fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://emich.library.link/resource/Hm92eG5OHtk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://emich.library.link/resource/Hm92eG5OHtk/">--And a time to die : how American hospitals shape the end of life, Sharon R. Kaufman</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://emich.library.link/#EMU"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://emich.library.link/">Eastern Michigan University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Eastern Michigan University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.