The Resource "Patriots" or "traitors"? : a history of American-educated Chinese students, Stacey Bieler
- "Patriots" or "traitors"? : a history of American-educated Chinese students, Stacey Bieler
- Title remainder
- a history of American-educated Chinese students
- Statement of responsibility
- Stacey Bieler
- "An East gate book."
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 423-506) and index
- Planting talents for the future : the Chinese educational mission, 1872-1881 -- Reaping the whirlwind : China and the United States, 1880-1910 -- Preparing students for the United States : Tsinghua School, 1911-1928 -- Sailing from Shanghai -- Carrying a satchel in a strange land -- Experimenting with democracy -- Student ambassadors -- The road that leads to home -- Smashing the bridge to the West -- No place to display one's talents -- Continuing the quest for modernization : Chinese students in the United States, 1978-2002 -- Timeline -- Appendix A: Chinese students in the United States, 1914 -- Appendix B: List of Boxer Scholars and Tsinghua alumni teaching at Tsinghua, 1925-1926 -- Appendix C: Countries of origin of foreign students in the United States for the academic year 1923-1924 -- Appendix D: Top last schools attended in China, for students in American colleges and universities, 1854-1953 -- Appendix E: "Don'ts" for foreigners when discussing China -- Appendix F: "Truth" about China and the United States -- Appendix G: Top American colleges and universities granting degrees to Chinese students, 1854-1953 -- Appendix H: Fields of study, Chinese students in the United States, 1905-1932 -- Appendix I: "The Return of the donkey"
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- xv, 527 p.
- Isbn Type
- (Hardcover : alk. paper)
- Other physical details
- ill., maps
ContextContext of "Patriots" or "traitors"? : a history of American-educated Chinese students, Stacey Bieler
Embeddable Data - Experimental
Choose settings, then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance "Patriots" or "traitors"? : a history of American-educated Chinese students, Stacey Bieler
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-lg fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://emich.library.link/resource/Q0Appj0p8go/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://emich.library.link/resource/Q0Appj0p8go/">"Patriots" or "traitors"? : a history of American-educated Chinese students, Stacey Bieler</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://emich.library.link/#EMU"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://emich.library.link/">Eastern Michigan University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Eastern Michigan University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.